Brickhouse Environmental has an opening in our West Chester, Pennsylvania office for an Environmental Scientist/Geologist-In-Training who is looking for an opportunity for growth and increasing responsibility in a vibrant, well-established, and growing company. The selected candidate will be responsible for conducting field work and office work on multiple concurrent projects in a team-oriented environment. The selected candidate will also be expected to coordinate internally with project managers, technical staff, and senior management, and also with vendors, contractors, and clients.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct field work and office work related to the investigation and remediation of contaminated sites located primarily in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Delaware;
- Conduct Phase I & II Environmental Site Assessments for commercial or industrial properties being, bought, sold, or re-financed;
- Conduct soil and groundwater contaminant sampling and delineation, soil vapor intrusion studies, underground storage tank closures, groundwater pump tests and slug tests, and remedial projects;
- Review and evaluate laboratory analytical reports and other project related information;
- Collect detailed field notes and documentation during site activities listed above;
- Oversight of subcontractors in the performance of these projects;
- Write technical reports, develop site figures, and prepare data tables;
- Participate in routine training and quality improvement programs.
- BS in Environmental Science, Geology, or related major
- 1 to 3 years of previous environmental consulting experience
- Ability to function well in the field, as well as the office
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Ability to work outside and carry field equipment
- Valid driver’s license
- OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER is a plus
At Brickhouse Environmental, we value the importance of sound science and building trusted relationships with our clients and peers. We also value an enjoyable and productive workplace, and we encourage personal and professional growth of our employees. To promote these values, we strive to hire and retain the best and brightest candidates available in the marketplace.
Resumes may be submitted using the form below.